Color & Gold LLC offers the following:
- Universal Art Through Geometry Classes*
Upcoming classes and past work are shown below.
A minimum of three students is required for a class so if that hasn’t been met, I will let you know before class.
- The creation of original illuminations
- The creation downloadable custom ornamental borders and graphic design
(Please visit the Digital Designs selection for borders and graphics that you can download and use today!)
* Much gratitude goes to the original ancient artisans and mathematicians who came up with geometric construction methods, to the publishing company, Wooden Books, for first introducing me to the vastness of geometric patterns in print over a decade ago and to The Prince’s School of Traditional Arts which recently reinvigorated my interest though their fine classes.
I can’t thank every dear teacher on my geometry path lest it tire the gentle reader but I’ve tried to add some key ones here in the spirit of this Bahá’í teaching: “The people ... should not deny any soul the reward due to him, should treat craftsmen with deference... “ -Tarazát (Ornaments), Bahá’u’lláh
Here are some quotes that I really like about geometry, craftsmanship and art:
A medieval stone manson’s guild poem that was quoted on a Swedenborg site. For the full amazing article please go here.
“A point that goes into the circle,
Inscribed in the square and the triangle;
If you find this point, you possess it;
And are freed from care and danger;
Herein you have the whole of art,
If you do not understand this, all is in vain.
The art and science of the circle
Which, without God, no one possesses”
A beautiful quote from the Bahá’í Writings about craftsmanship.
”In this Day the sun of craftsmanship shineth above the horizon of the occident and the river of arts is flowing out of the sea of that region. One must speak with fairness and appreciate such beauty.”
-Tarazát (Ornaments), Bahá’u’lláh
“Arts, crafts and sciences uplift the world of being, and are conductive to its exaltation.”
- The Hidden Hidden Words, Bahá’u’lláh